Monday, May 2, 2011

Slithery Socks!!




This is still a work in progress but I made a pair of tube socks and while knitting had a huge brain fart and instead of working the pattern I found that I had worked about 4 inches of K4P4 ribbing . I continued because I didn't really have a plan and was not about to rip out all that work. I started a toe decrease in plain knit about 12 inches into the "tube" and finished off. The second sock took no time at all. Lying flat on the table last night these guys really reminded me of snakes so this quick kiddo pattern is coming to life!

Take a camo print or brown/green varigated sock yarn. CO 36 stitches and start your K4P4 ribbing. Continue for 5-7 inches or desired length. Start toe decreases (will give these in a little while, but I'm thinking K6, K2tog, continue. Knit 2 rounds, etc.

Now, you need a forked I-cord and two black buttons. If you want to actually wear these socks, make the tongue in felt as well as the eyes!! How fun!! Will get a prototype together soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment