Monday, April 2, 2012

Cookie A Cauchy Socks!! Cookie A Sunshine Socks!! Water to Sky, OK, LOTS of Socks!!

I found a sock pattern book at Half Price Books and couldn't resist.  These are NOT Grace Ennis and there is no colorwork involved.  Lots of exciting texture though!  I do NOT like the way the colors of this variegated yarn pooled but I do like the design and they are nice and stretchy!  The yarn is TLC Baby Multi in Snookie.  Size 1 needles.

These are Cauchy Socks by Cookie A.  All of her sock patterns are interesting!  They look all complicated and intimidating but are actually LOTS of fun!   Here's a link to the Ravelry site but this is not a free pattern.  You can purchase it individually or (cheaper) just get the book!!  =)  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cauchy

These are called Sunshine and only one sock decided to make the trip into the office with me!!  I hope I didn't actually drop it somewhere between home and office to tell you the truth!!  LOL  Again, these are Cookie A from Sock Innovation.  The yarn here is Caron Simply Soft in Mango on size 1 needles.  Link:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sunshine-11


These little ankle socks were an experiment at Toe Up construction.  I don't have any issues with the Toe Up part, or even the foot or leg but the toe up heel is totally beyond me.  There is Wrapping and Turning and blowing my mind!!  These are called Toe Up Socks with a Difference and I thought "what the heck?"  Still some wrapping and turning but I muddled through.  Don't look very closely at the heel because I'm sure I didn't do it right!!! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/toe-up-socks-with-a-difference.  These are a FREE Ravelry download.  If you've never attempted a Toe Up sock then do so sometime.  The really great part about it is you can try your sock on without trying to squeeze your little fat foot between 3 pokey needles, oh wait, MY little fat foot, sorry...
The yarn here is Bernat Baby Jacquards Florals in Pansy on size 1 needles.

These are a lacy patterned "hidden" or "invisible" sock.  I made them using Hobby Lobby's Yarn Bee Snowflake Wool blend in Apple Blossom.  I wish you could see the pattern better because they are really pretty.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/water-to-sky-anklets  These are a FREE Ravelry download as well!  ENJOY!

And last but not least my Grace Ennis Graphic Knitting Patterns Hot Rod #7251 Socks for the Grace Ennis Group on Ravelry's KAL.  SLOW going but there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!  These are FUN!!  And Oh So CUTE!!  

This is where I stand to date.  But below is what the image looks like in case you were wondering!


No comments:

Post a Comment