Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carrots and Beets by SpillyJane!!


APRIL 29, 2011: UPDATE!! I didn't try these guys on until it was time for the toe decreases (Duh!!) only to find that the heel flap feels really thin to me. They are also just a wee bit snug on the carrot leaves so these will be ripped out and started again at just under the first row of beet leaves! =( Sigh...They were really a lot of fun and pretty quick so I will just count this experience as colorwork practice that Lord knows I need anyway! =)


How CUTE are these? This pattern is called Carrots and Beets Socks by Jane Dubois AKA SpillyJane (on FB and Ravelry) I LOVE LOVE LOVE her stuff but have never attempted a project. So far so good although the gusset instructions have me a bit dazed. I may not be able to figure it out but I am not afraid to rip it out and start again!!


If you knit look her up! She has cupcakes, flamingos, gnomes, beer pints, cheeseburgers, etc. in both socks and mittens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment